Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Faith with Wheels


 As this new and rather… interesting… part of the edit continues upon its molasses-in-January way, my thoughts turn to the next step. Specifically my next step. Money doesn’t last forever, and I must soon return to the world of “real” workers. I say that with irony only because many people in very demanding jobs offer a “better you than me” when they hear what my “job” entails. But in looking to the future I must also remember why I leapt out into the unknown and quit my job to make a movie when the prevailing sentiment views that as something just shy of clinical insanity. The answer is both simpler, yet more complex than it might seem. I was given a highly creative mind that also plays host to a robust imagination. God has blessed me with the ability to look at challenging issues and distil them down to their core essence. Then He gave me a passion for Truth, one that makes a life in sales hard. J Through a teacher at the local college I was reminded that our gifts are to be used for more than our own gratification. Scripture says that what we have been given must be used or it will be taken away. I do not intend for that to happen.

 So I make movies because it is the best voice with which to reach a deaf world. I use what I’ve been given because it is the right thing to do. I do not always use it well, but it improves with practice. All of this raises another question. Which is the greater insanity; to risk all knowing that to do less would be to dishonor the gift that God has given you, or to conserve your talents for fear of failure and loss? Yes, in our utter abandon we can make some stupid choices, and this choice I made was preceded by a few years of prayer, but the point still stands; who was the master happiest with when he returned in the parable of the Talents? The one who kept what he’d been given safe, or the ones who’d risked it all and brought increase? Do what you’ve been called to do with boldness, because even death cannot stop the true Christian. What do we really have to lose? Only what we never really owned anyway.



(Written by Director Jon Brewer)

No comments:

Post a Comment