Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vision and Revision

 Sometimes in a project you get tunnel vision. You’re so involved in the process that you lose perspective. That is why it is important to step back and look at it through a fresh pair of eyes, which is what I did this last week. One of my actresses was in town for the weekend, and had asked to see the rough cut. Saturday I rendered out a copy and we sat down for a late night viewing. That’s when the perspective came. Things that I’d been worried about blew by me unnoticed, while things that I thought were good stood out like neon signs screaming “CHEAP EFFECT HERE!” Fortunately the latter can be fixed, but I never would have known had I not taken the time to look at it through different eyes. Well, I’m off to finish my laundry list of revisions. Thanks for being a great audience. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment