Thursday, October 27, 2011

On Creating That Which Does Not Exist

or

Covering for Your Own Stupidity

 Effects work falls into two broad categories: Creating something new and eliminating something old. Specifically, eliminating that which should not be in a shot so that its continuity, momentum, and reason are maintained. A subset of this is to do the latter so that you may then do the former. This week has been all about that process. This week I have made people appear and disappear a half dozen times, walk through walls, pass through car roofs, and fly (there was also that incident with the tree…) There have been moments where I have wanted to slam my head repeatedly into my desk, but have been warned against it, (there is apparently some concern for the desk. I have been assured that my head would emerge undamaged.) But through it all we learn and grow. Over the course of this adventure I have passed from concern and frustration over errors to a simple shrug and “We’ll fix it.” “How?” “Donno.” As frustrating as the process can be, I know that God is good, and what He begins in us, He is faithful to complete. So I soldier on, knowing that my work is not futility. I do what I’m called to do, and let Him sort out the rest.

(Written by Director Jon Brewer)

No comments:

Post a Comment